Affinity Sutton Ready2Work
Affinity Sutton is committed to supporting residents to access training, employment and further opportunities and run three grant programmes.
The programmes are managed by The London Community Foundation, a grantmaking Foundation that supports community activity. The Foundation receive applications to the programme, contact applicants for further information if required, manage payments to successful applicants and monitor the impact of the grants awarded.
There are three programmes:
This programme supports unemployed residents to accesss vocational work placement opportunities or paid employment.
What can the re:work grant be used for?
Re: work grants are paid to support unemployed people to better access either work placements or paid employment that has already been secured. This could include funding towards:
- Specialist work wear, uniforms or formal work wear required for the role only. Ordinary clothing required for work, for example clothing for childcare or nannying roles is not eligible.
- Travel costs. Petrol costs will be paid at a rate of 25p mile and for a maximum of 4 weeks.
- Child care costs for a maximum of 4 weeks.
- Specialist equipment required for the role.
- DBS Checks – some roles such as Care Workers are required to have a satisfactory DBS check before starting work. We will require written confirmation from the employer that they do not reimburse staff for the cost of the check once they have started work.
Grants will not be paid for food or subsistence costs relating to work or work placements.
Grants of up to a maximum of £150 are available for Affinity Sutton residents and up to £50 for non Affinity Sutton residents who are being supported by the Affinity Sutton Ready2Work team.
For more information please download the Re:work guidelines. You must be registered with an Employment Support Officer from Affinity Sutton to access this grant. For more information contact Guideline who will register you.
To apply please click the link Re:Work application form
This programme enables residents to apply for a grant to help them access training courses of their choice that will help them access future training and employment opportunities.
Before starting this application form:
It is important that you contact your Affinity Sutton Employment Support Officer (ESO). If you do not have an ESO please contact GuideLine who will register you for support. The will be able to provide you with appropriate support and guidance.
What can I get a grant for?
You can apply for one of the following:
- A grant of up to £250, to cover course fees up to NVQ Level 2 or equivalent qualification, for course related equipment, materials or childcare whilst at a course. Please note that childcare payments can only be made to registered childcare providers.
- A grant of up to £1,000 for a course which is NVQ Level 3 or above, or an equivalent qualification
- If you wish to do Security Industry Authority Training (SIA), you can apply for up to £500 for a package consisting of training course (usually £195), licence (£220) and the cost of a passport if needed (£81.25).
For more information download the Re:train guidelines.
To apply click the link Re:train application form.