News for December 2011
Thursday, 15 December 2011
The Capital Community Foundation today unveiled its new name - The London Community Foundation (LCF) - reflecting the merger earlier in the year with the Thames Community Foundation (TCF). The newly formed entity will continue to address the ever growing needs of the disadvantaged popul...
Tuesday, 06 December 2011
Londoners recycle Winter Fuel Payments to help people in need The ‘Surviving Winter’ Appeal is raising money to help vulnerable older Londoners who struggle to stay warm, healthy and happy at winter. The appeal was started by older people who wanted to donate their Winter...
Thursday, 01 December 2011
More than £130,000 raised to support those affected by the London riots. Thank you so much to everyone who has supported the “We Love London” appeal, which supported those affected in the London riots. Our first grant was made to a couple in Tottenham who lost thei...
- 8th Day of Christmas - Eradicating loneliness through friendship and advocacy at Evergreen Care Bexley
- 7th Day of Christmas - Exchanging skills and services at Paxton Green Time Bank
- 6th Day of Christmas - Bringing the joy of reading to children in London
- Evening Standard Dispossessed Fund Grenfell Appeal Final Disbursement
- 5th Day of Christmas - Improving wellbeing and inclusion through art at Artbox
- 4th Day of Christmas - Accepting Failure at Streets of Growth
- 3rd Day of Christmas - 'Being rooted in our local community is crucial'
- 2nd Day of Christmas - 'Mosaic Clubhouse is like a family'
- 1st Day of Christmas - Bringing people together at Sutton Community Farm
- Happy 12 Days of Christmas!
- Reflections on MOPAC's inaugural Victims' Summit
- Meet Tim - our newest Trustee
- Living Wage Week and the importance of tackling low pay
- Celebrating Youth Work Week with Young Futures
- 'Why on earth have you done this?'
- Update on funds allocated: Grenfell Tower
- Red Nose Day grants awarded
- A further £2 million given out to Grenfell Tower survivors