We are now The London Community Foundation
The Capital Community Foundation today unveiled its new name - The London Community Foundation (LCF) - reflecting the merger earlier in the year with the Thames Community Foundation (TCF). The newly formed entity will continue to address the ever growing needs of the disadvantaged population with programmes such as Surviving Winter.
Surviving Winter, which was launched in November encourages individuals to donate to help older and vulnerable people affected by the cold winter. Fuel poverty affects 500,000 households in London and over 2,000 people will due to cold related causes. Nearly £30,000 has already been raised.
Overall, “LCF has awarded £32 million in grants over the past 15 years, and generated over £9 million in sustainable endowment,” said Sonal Shah, Executive Director of CCF, who will continue to head the organisation. “We are confident that our new name is a positive step forward in enabling us to step up our support for London, Londoners and their communities.”
Michael Brophy, Chair of LCF added, “Against this difficult economic and funding climate, London needs a strong, high profile Community Foundation. We believe that LCF can be a beacon for quality grantmaking and thoughtful, effective philanthropic giving in the capital.”
To find out more about the work of The London Community Foundation visit www.londoncf.org.uk. The website provides details on each of our different products and information on how individuals, companies, trusts, foundations or local authorities can become involved with the Foundation.
The London Community Foundation is a registered charity no. 1091263.
For further information please contact Gabrielle Sturrock 020 7582 5117
Published on 15 December 2011
- Update on funds allocated: Grenfell Tower
- Red Nose Day grants awarded
- A further £2 million given out to Grenfell Tower survivors
- Artists for Grenfell donations made available to survivors
- Grenfell Tower update
- £1.58 million to Grenfell families from the Evening Standard Dispossessed Fund
- Further emergency payments for Grenfell families
- Over £5 million raised through the Evening Standard Dispossessed Fund
- Grenfell: The Long-Term Response
- Guardian Voluntary Sector comment piece
- Financial support for those directly impacted by Grenfell Tower fire
- Grenfell Tower update
- Artists for Grenfell
- Grenfell Tower Appeal update
- Free capacity building support in Lambeth - latest dates announced
- Emergency Appeal - Grenfell Fire
- Building brighter futures across London
- Looking for community representatives to help make a big difference in London
- Shining a light on food poverty in London
- Comic Relief donates £1 million to the Evening Standard Dispossessed Fund this Red Nose Day