Training dates announced for Lambeth Capacity Building Programme
The London Community Foundation (LCF) is pleased to announce that Community Southwark will be delivering a two-year programme of practical support and advice for Lambeth-based voluntary and community organisations as part of LCF’s Lambeth Community Fund, beginning February 2017.
Under the theme, Stronger Together, we aim to strengthen and build the capacity of local organisations, increasing skills and knowledge of staff and volunteers in order to improve service delivery and increase sustainability. We also hope to encourage collaboration between the third, public and private sectors within the borough.
The programme will be provided entirely free of charge and all voluntary and community organisations, including social enterprises, based in Lambeth are eligible to take part. The programme is particularly aimed at small community groups and those which are not yet formally established. This is a unique opportunity to gain expert support and advice to help with fundraising; business planning; marketing; financial management; governance; and leadership.
The programme of support will include:
- 1:1 Support
- Small Groups Network
- Access to Community Southwark membership, resources and other Southwark based activities.
Free 1:1 Support Surgeries
One hour sessions, run once a month, during which you have the opportunity to meet a Development Officer, sign up for Community Southwark membership and talk through some of the issues you are encountering in your daily work and/or as a whole organisation. the first meeting will always include an organisational diagnostic to support action planning and evaluation of the programme.
The 1:1 support is designed to promote the long term sustainability of your organisation, and we encourage board members with strategic responsibility to attend alongside staff members. When you book we will ask what issues you wish to discuss and request that you send appropriate information prior to attending the meeting.
The 1:1 Support Surgery is free but booking is essential, as they fill up fast! To book a slot, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7358 7020
The surgery dates are:
- Wednesday 15 March 2012 FULLY BOOKED
- Wednesday 12 April 2017, 2-3,3-4 or 4-5pm
- Thursday 18 May 2017, 2-3,3-4 or 4-5pm
- Tuesday 13 June 2017, 2-3,3-4 or 4-5pm
- Thursday 13 July 2017, 2-3,3-4 or 4-5pm
- Wednesday 6 August 2017, 2-3,3-4 or 4-5pm
- Thursday 14 September 2017, 2-3,3-4 or 4-5pm
- Tuesday 17 October 2017, 2-3,3-4 or 4-5pm
- Wednesday 15 November 2017, 2-3,3-4 or 4-5pm
These sessions are being held in the LCF offices but may move around the borough. We will confirm the venue with you on booking an appointment.
We will be delivering our three most popular training sessions: our ‘Made easy’ suite of training twice a year over both years of the programme:
Fundraising Made Easy: Tuesday 16th May 2017, 10.15am - 4.45pm ?
Governance made Easy: Monday 12th June 2017, 10am - 2pm ?
Finance Made Easy: Tuesday 11th July 2017, 10am - 4.30pm
To book a place on the training simply click on the links above and fill in the Eventbrite form. You are also welcome to take a look and book a place or two on our full training programme delivered in Southwark: http://communitysouthwark.org/training
Free Small Groups Network
A quarterly network specifically for groups and organisations with less that £30k income. The meetings will be created for you and by you - we will be asking what you would like to talk about, what guest speakers or topics you would want to hear about etc. and we will arrange these evening networks to cover the topics you choose in venues across Lambeth.
The first Small Groups Network will take place on Wednesday 29 March 2017, 6-9pm. So book your place now.
Published on 22 March 2017
- 11th Day of Christmas - Removing obstacles to young refugees’ & asylum seekers’ education and well-being
- 10th Day of Christmas - Using music to support those experiencing mental health issues
- 9th Day of Christmas - Providing targeted support for those over 50 living with HIV
- 8th Day of Christmas - Eradicating loneliness through friendship and advocacy at Evergreen Care Bexley
- 7th Day of Christmas - Exchanging skills and services at Paxton Green Time Bank
- 6th Day of Christmas - Bringing the joy of reading to children in London
- Evening Standard Dispossessed Fund Grenfell Appeal Final Disbursement
- 5th Day of Christmas - Improving wellbeing and inclusion through art at Artbox
- 4th Day of Christmas - Accepting Failure at Streets of Growth
- 3rd Day of Christmas - 'Being rooted in our local community is crucial'
- 2nd Day of Christmas - 'Mosaic Clubhouse is like a family'
- 1st Day of Christmas - Bringing people together at Sutton Community Farm
- Happy 12 Days of Christmas!
- Reflections on MOPAC's inaugural Victims' Summit
- Meet Tim - our newest Trustee
- Living Wage Week and the importance of tackling low pay
- Celebrating Youth Work Week with Young Futures
- 'Why on earth have you done this?'