Training dates announced for Lambeth Capacity Building Programme
The London Community Foundation (LCF) is pleased to announce that Community Southwark will be delivering a two-year programme of practical support and advice for Lambeth-based voluntary and community organisations as part of LCF’s Lambeth Community Fund, beginning February 2017.
Under the theme, Stronger Together, we aim to strengthen and build the capacity of local organisations, increasing skills and knowledge of staff and volunteers in order to improve service delivery and increase sustainability. We also hope to encourage collaboration between the third, public and private sectors within the borough.
The programme will be provided entirely free of charge and all voluntary and community organisations, including social enterprises, based in Lambeth are eligible to take part. The programme is particularly aimed at small community groups and those which are not yet formally established. This is a unique opportunity to gain expert support and advice to help with fundraising; business planning; marketing; financial management; governance; and leadership.
The programme of support will include:
- 1:1 Support
- Small Groups Network
- Access to Community Southwark membership, resources and other Southwark based activities.
Free 1:1 Support Surgeries
One hour sessions, run once a month, during which you have the opportunity to meet a Development Officer, sign up for Community Southwark membership and talk through some of the issues you are encountering in your daily work and/or as a whole organisation. the first meeting will always include an organisational diagnostic to support action planning and evaluation of the programme.
The 1:1 support is designed to promote the long term sustainability of your organisation, and we encourage board members with strategic responsibility to attend alongside staff members. When you book we will ask what issues you wish to discuss and request that you send appropriate information prior to attending the meeting.
The 1:1 Support Surgery is free but booking is essential, as they fill up fast! To book a slot, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7358 7020
The surgery dates are:
- Wednesday 15 March 2012 FULLY BOOKED
- Wednesday 12 April 2017, 2-3,3-4 or 4-5pm
- Thursday 18 May 2017, 2-3,3-4 or 4-5pm
- Tuesday 13 June 2017, 2-3,3-4 or 4-5pm
- Thursday 13 July 2017, 2-3,3-4 or 4-5pm
- Wednesday 6 August 2017, 2-3,3-4 or 4-5pm
- Thursday 14 September 2017, 2-3,3-4 or 4-5pm
- Tuesday 17 October 2017, 2-3,3-4 or 4-5pm
- Wednesday 15 November 2017, 2-3,3-4 or 4-5pm
These sessions are being held in the LCF offices but may move around the borough. We will confirm the venue with you on booking an appointment.
We will be delivering our three most popular training sessions: our ‘Made easy’ suite of training twice a year over both years of the programme:
Fundraising Made Easy: Tuesday 16th May 2017, 10.15am - 4.45pm ?
Governance made Easy: Monday 12th June 2017, 10am - 2pm ?
Finance Made Easy: Tuesday 11th July 2017, 10am - 4.30pm
To book a place on the training simply click on the links above and fill in the Eventbrite form. You are also welcome to take a look and book a place or two on our full training programme delivered in Southwark: http://communitysouthwark.org/training
Free Small Groups Network
A quarterly network specifically for groups and organisations with less that £30k income. The meetings will be created for you and by you - we will be asking what you would like to talk about, what guest speakers or topics you would want to hear about etc. and we will arrange these evening networks to cover the topics you choose in venues across Lambeth.
The first Small Groups Network will take place on Wednesday 29 March 2017, 6-9pm. So book your place now.
Published on 22 March 2017
- A further £2 million given out to Grenfell Tower survivors
- Artists for Grenfell donations made available to survivors
- Grenfell Tower update
- £1.58 million to Grenfell families from the Evening Standard Dispossessed Fund
- Further emergency payments for Grenfell families
- Grenfell: The Long-Term Response
- Over £5 million raised through the Evening Standard Dispossessed Fund
- Guardian Voluntary Sector comment piece
- Financial support for those directly impacted by Grenfell Tower fire
- Grenfell Tower update
- Artists for Grenfell
- Grenfell Tower Appeal update
- Free capacity building support in Lambeth - latest dates announced
- Emergency Appeal - Grenfell Fire
- Building brighter futures across London
- Looking for community representatives to help make a big difference in London
- Shining a light on food poverty in London
- Comic Relief donates £1 million to the Evening Standard Dispossessed Fund this Red Nose Day
- Training dates announced for Lambeth Capacity Building Programme
- Stronger Together - Lambeth Capacity Building Programme 2017-19