London Stories for April 2015
16 year old Jasper recently spent a week’s work experience with us. Here he interviews Streets of Growth Founder Darren Way and Director Diane Peters. Set up in 2001, Streets of Growth is based in Tower Hamlets and delivers high impact community leadership programmes helping young...
Our innovative programme to tackle gang culture in London could become a new model for a nationwide response to the problem, says Minister for Civil Society, Rob Wilson. The Minister backed the initiative at a special summit in London on March 17, where groups involved in the Path Prog...
We are working with Santander to support charities that want to become more enterprising. Here’s the story of how one £10,000 grant is helping a horticulture project in South London to flourish It’s a fine early spring day in south London. Rory Harding has spent the...
- ‘I just knew that he could not break me’
- 'Children of my age died in front of me'
- 'If we are creative, we can solve problems'
- ‘Volunteering at The London Community Foundation was such a great experience for me’
- 'You see how happy the young people are. The things they have achieved'
- 'You do it because you think you love the guy'
- 'If you're feeling lost and alone, you need somebody to stand next to you'
- 'I can't go back to square one again'
- How one London charity is tackling loneliness and isolation
- Malcolm Dean on Southside Young Leaders' Academy
- A Brent food bank charity is helping to regenerate a deprived local community
- How one London charity is helping young asylum seekers to find safety and rebuild their lives
- An Interview with Streets of Growth
- Minister supports new Path away from gangs
- How to grow a healthy community
- Paul Cox: Seeing the power of a targeted gift inspired him to create a Donor Advised Fund
- Changing lives through film and football
- 'We are not trying to replace school, but supplement it'
- 'I wanted to help the community'
- The Mill: from closed library to community beacon